Expect minimum percentage: 100%
1) Refer to the exhibit. A student working in the lab selects a cable that is wired as shown. Which connection types can successfully be made with this cable? (Choose two.)
connecting two routers together via their fast ethernet ports
connecting two devices with the same interface type at Fast Ethernet speeds
2) Which option identifies the primary interface which would be used for initial configuration of a Cisco router?
3) What makes fiber preferable to copper cabling for interconnecting buildings? (Choose three.)
greater distances per cable run
limited susceptibility to EMI/RFI
greater bandwidth potential
4) A network administrator is required to use media in the network that can run up to 100 meters in cable length without using repeaters. The chosen media must be inexpensive and easily installed. The installation will be in a pre-existing building with limited cabling space. Which type of media would best meet these requirements?
5) What does the term “attenuation” mean in data communication?
loss of signal strength as distance increases
6) How many host addresses may be assigned on each subnetwork when using the 18.104.22.168 network address with a subnet mask of 255.255.248.0?
7) Which subnet mask would be assigned to the network address of 192.168.32.0 to provide 254 useable host addresses per subnetwork?
8) A company is planning to subnet its network for a maximum of 27 hosts. Which subnet mask would provide the needed hosts and leave the fewest unused addresses in each subnet?
9) What type of network cable is used between a terminal and a console port?
10) Which device is used to create or divide broadcast domains?
11) Refer to the exhibit. What destination IP address will PC1 place in the header for a packet destined for PC2?
12) Refer to the exhibit. Based on the IP configuration shown, what would be the result of Host A and Host B attempting to communicate outside the network segment?
host B would be successful, host A would fail
13) Which three types of connectors are commonly associated with Cisco’s V.35 serial cables? (Choose three.)
Winchester 15 pin
14) Refer to the exhibit. How many subnets are required to support the network that is shown?
15) What are three common methods for setting a UTP Ethernet port to MDI or MDIX operation? (Choose three.)
direct configuration of the device
the enabling of the mechanism to electrically swap the transmit and receive pairs
the automatic detection and negotiating of MDI/MDIX operation of the port
16) Which three statements are true about the role of routers in the network? (Choose three.)
They segment broadcast domains.
They interconnect different network technologies.
Each router interface requires a separate network or subnet.
17) Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has decided to use packet capture software to evaluate all traffic from the student subnet on the way to the Internet. To ensure that all packets are captured, what network device should be used to connect the monitoring station to the network between R1 and R2?
18) Refer to the exhibit. Assume that all devices are using default settings. How many subnets are required to address the topology that is shown?
19) Refer to the exhibit. Which three statements are true about the exhibited topology? (Choose three.)
Five broadcast domains are present.
Host B is using a crossover cable to connect to the router.
Five networks are shown.
20) To establish a console connection from a computer to a Cisco router, which cable wiring option would be used?
21) Refer to the exhibit. Which three statements identify the type of cabling that would be used in the segments that are shown? (Choose three.)
Segment 1 uses a patch cable.
Segment 3 uses horizontal cabling.
Segment 4 uses vertical cabling.
22) Refer to the exhibit. A network technician has been allocated the 192.168.1.0/24 private IP address range for use in the network that shown in the exhibit. Which subnet mask would be used to meet the host requirements for segment A of this internetwork?
23) Refer to the exhibit. A student is setting up a home network primarily used for extensive file transfers, streaming video, and gaming. Which network device is best suited to these types of activities in the topology shown?