Expect minimum percentage: 94.8%
1. Refer to the exhibit. All routers are running the same routing protocol. Based on the exhibit and its displayed commands, which statement is true?
The link to the ISP is not advertised by the routing protocol process.
2. Refer to the exhibit. While trying to diagnose a routing problem in the network, the network administrator runs the debug ip rip command. What can be determined from the output of this command?
The router will be unable to ping 192.168.1.2.
3. Refer to the exhibit. Two routers are unable to establish an adjacency. What is the possible cause for this?
The hello and dead intervals are different on the two routers.
4. Refer to the exhibit. Routers R1 and R2 are directly connected via their serial interfaces and are both running the EIGRP routing protocol. R1 and R2 can ping the directly connected serial interface of their neighbor, but they cannot form an EIGRP neighbor adjacency.
Configure both routers with the same EIGRP process ID.
5. Refer to the exhibit. Routers R1 and R3 use different routing protocols with default administrative distance values. All devices are properly configured and the destination network is advertised by both protocols.
Which path will be used to transmit the data packets from PC1 to PC2?
The packets will travel via R2-R1.
6. Refer to the exhibit. What is the meaning of the highlighted value 2?
It is the number of hops between R2 and the 192.168.8.0/24 network.
7. What is the function of the OSPF LSR packet?
It is used by the receiving routers to request more information about any entry in the DBD.
8. Which three statements are true regarding the encapsulation and de-encapsulation of packets when traveling through a router? (Choose three.)
The router modifies the TTL field, decrementing it by one.
The router maintains the same source and destination IP.
The router changes the source physical address to the physical address of the exit interface.
9. Refer to the exhibit. The routers are properly configured using a dynamic routing protocol with default settings, and the network is fully converged. Router A is forwarding data to router E. Which statement is true about the routing path?
If the network uses the RIP protocol, router A will determine that all paths have equal cost.
10. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has run the show interface command. The output of this command is displayed. What is the first step that is required to make this interface operational?
Issue the no shutdown command on the interface.
11. Refer to the exhibit. Both routers are using the RIPv2 routing protocol and static routes are undefined. R1 can ping 192.168.2.1 and 10.1.1.2, but is unable to ping 192.168.4.1.
What is the reason for the ping failure?
The 192.168.4.0 network is not included in the RIP configuration of R2.
12. Refer to the exhibit. R2 is configured correctly. The network administrator has configured R1 as shown. Which two facts are true about the forwarding of route information by R1? (Choose two.)
R1 will forward the route information for subnet 192.168.100.0/30.
R1 will forward the route information with an administrative distance set to 50.
13. Refer to the exhibit. The network has three connected routers: R1, R2, and R3. The routes of all three routers are displayed. All routers are operational and pings are not blocked on this network.
Which ping will fail?
from R1 to 192.168.3.1
14. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has configured R1 as shown, and all interfaces are functioning correctly. A ping from R1 to 172.16.1.1 fails. What could be the cause of this problem?
The default route is configured incorrectly.
15. Which two router component and operation pair are correctly described? (Choose two.)
NVRAM – stores the configuration file
POST – runs diagnostics on hardware modules
16. A network administrator uses the RIP routing protocol to implement routing within an autonomous system. What are two characteristics of this protocol? (Choose two.)
It uses the Bellman-Ford algorithm to determine the best path.
It periodically sends complete routing tables to all connected devices.
17. Refer to the exhibit. Host A is unable to access the Internet. What is the reason for this?
The Fa0/1 interfaces of the two routers are configured for different subnets.
18. Refer to the exhibit. All interfaces are addressed and functioning correctly. The network administrator runs the tracert command on host A. Which two facts could be responsible for the output of this command? (Choose two.)
The entry for 192.168.2.0/24 is missing from the routing table of R1.
The entry for 192.168.2.0/24 is missing from the routing table of R2.
19. What are two functions of a router? (Choose two.)
It forwards data packets toward their destination.
It acts as an intersection between multiple IP networks.
20. Which statement is true about the RIPv1 protocol?
It excludes subnet information from the routing updates.
21. Refer to the exhibit. To implement the RIPv2 protocol, the network administrator runs the commands as displayed. However, the show ip protocol command fails to display any output. How can the administrator solve the problem that is indicated by the lack of output from this command?
Specify the network for which RIP routing has to be enabled.
22. Refer to the exhibit. An administrator is adding a new subnet of 50 hosts to R3. Which subnet address should be used for the new subnet that provides enough addresses while wasting a minimum of addresses?
23. Refer to the exhibit. R1 and R2 are unable to establish an adjacency. What two configuration changes will correct the problem? (Choose two.)
Configure the routers in the same area.
Match the hello and dead timers on both routers.
24. What two routing protocols use a hierarchal network topology? (Choose two.)
25. Refer to the exhibit. Router R2 is configured properly and all interfaces are functional. Router R1 has been installed recently. Host A is unable to ping host B.
Which procedure can resolve this problem?
Configure a static route on R1 using the IP address of S0/0/0 on R2.
26. All routers in a network are configured in a single OSPF area with the same priority value. No loopback interface has been set on any of the routers. Which secondary value will the routers use to determine the router ID?
The highest IP address among the active interfaces will be used.
27. Which two statements are true for link-state routing protocols? (Choose two.)
Routers that run a link-state protocol can establish a complete topology of the network.
The shortest path first algorithm is used.
28. A router boots and enters setup mode. What is the reason for this?
The configuration file is missing from NVRAM.
29. Refer to the exhibit. The show cdp neighbors command was run at R1. Which two facts about the newly detected device can be determined from the output? (Choose two.)
ABCD is a router that is connected to R1.
The device is connected at the Serial0/0/1 interface of R1.
30. What are two tasks that must be completed before two routers can use OSPF to form a neighbor adjacency? (Choose two.)
The routers must agree on the network type.
The routers must use the same dead interval.
31. Refer to the exhibit. A ping between host A and host B is successful, but pings from host A to operational hosts on the Internet fail. What is the reason for this problem?
One of the default routes is configured incorrectly.
32. What two routing protocols will produce a shortest path first tree? (Choose two.)
33. Refer to the exhibit. Which three statements are true of the routing table for Router1? (Choose three.)
The AD of EIGRP routes has been manually changed to a value other than the default value.
Router1 is running both the EIGRP and OSPF routing process.
No default route has been configured.
34. Refer to the exhibit. What action will R2 take for a packet that is destined for 192.168.2.0?
It will forward the packet to R1.
35. Refer to the exhibit. A router learns a route to the 192.168.6.0 network, as shown in the output of the show ip rip database command. However, upon running the show ip route command, the network administrator sees that the router has installed a different route to the 192.168.6.0 network learned via EIGRP. What could be the reason for the missing RIP route?
Compared to RIP, EIGRP has a lower administrative distance.
36. Which two components are used to determine the router ID in the configuration of the OSPF routing process? (Choose two.)
the highest IP address of any logical interface
the highest IP address of any physical interface
37. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is accessing router R1 from the console port. Once the administrator is connected to the router, which password should the administrator enter at the R1> prompt to access the privileged EXEC mode?
38. Which routing protocol maintains a topology table separate from the routing table?
39. Refer to the exhibit. Which summarization should R1 use to advertise its networks to R2?
40. Refer to the exhibit. All routers are running RIPv1. The two networks 10.1.1.0/29 and 10.1.1.16/29 are unable to access each other. What can be the cause of this problem?
RIPv1 does not support discontiguous networks.
41. Refer to the exhibit. All routers are properly configured to use the EIGRP routing protocol with default settings, and the network is fully converged. Which statement correctly describes the path that the traffic will use from the 10.1.1.0/24 network to the 10.1.2.0/24 network?
The traffic will be load-balanced between A-B-D and A-C-D.
42. A network administrator has enabled RIP on routers B and C in the network diagram. Which of the following commands will prevent RIP updates from being sent to Router A?
B(config)# router rip
B(config-router)# passive-interface S0/0
43. Which two statements are correct about the split horizon with poison reverse method of routing loop prevention? (Choose two.)
It assigns a value that represents an infinite metric to the poisoned route.
It sends back the poisoned route update to the same interface from where it was received.
44. Refer to the exhibit. The 10.4.0.0 network fails. What mechanism prevents R2 from receiving false update information regarding the 10.4.0.0 network?
45. Refer to the exhibit. How many routes are ultimate routes?
46. Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements are true based on the exhibited output? (Choose two.)
All routes are stable.
The show ip eigrp topology command has been run on R1.
47. A router has learned two equal cost paths to a remote network via the EIGRP and RIP protocols. Both protocols are using their default configurations. Which path to the remote network will be installed in the routing table?
the path learned via EIGRP
48. Which two statements are true about the EIGRP successor route? (Choose two.)
It may be backed up by a feasible successor route.
It is used by EIGRP to forward traffic to the destination.
49. Refer to the exhibit. The output of the show ip route command for router R1 is displayed. What action will the router take for a packet that is destined for 192.168.1.5?
It will forward the packet to the default gateway.
50. Refer to the exhibit. The hosts that are connected to R2 are unable to ping the hosts that are connected to R1. How can this problem be resolved?
Configure the R2 router interfaces for area 0.
51. In a lab test environment, a router has learned about network 172.16.1.0 through four different dynamic routing processes. Which route will be used to reach this network?
D 172.16.1.0/24 [90/2195456] via 192.168.200.1, 00:00:09, Serial0/0/0
52. Refer to the exhibit. Which two facts can be derived from this output? (Choose two.)
Three network devices are directly connected to Router2.
The serial interface between Router2 and Router3 is up.
53. How does route poisoning prevent routing loops?
Failed routes are advertised with a metric of infinity.
54. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator wants to reduce the size of the routing table of R1. Which partial routing table entry in R1 represents the route summary for R2, without including any additional subnets?
10.0.0.0/22 is subnetted, 1 subnets
D 10.5.0.0[90/205901] via 192.168.1.2, S0/0/0
55. Refer to the exhibit. Packets destined to which two networks will require the router to perform a recursive lookup? (Choose two.)
56. Refer to the exhibit. Although R2 is configured correctly, host A is unable to access the Internet. What are two static routes that can be configured on R1, either of which would enable Internet connectivity for host A? (Choose two.)
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Fa0/1
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.1.1.2
57. Refer to the exhibit. Which router is advertising subnet 172.16.1.32/28?
58. Which statement is true about the metrics used by routing protocols?
A metric is a value used by a particular routing protocol to compare paths to remote networks.
59. Refer to the exhibit. Which two components are required to complete the configuration? (Choose two.)
a DTE device
a V.35 cable