Expect minimum percentage: 82%
1) Refer to the exhibit. Host A wants to access e-mail. Which destination socket number will be used to communicate this request?
2) Refer to the exhibit. The tracert command used from host X to host Y was successful. What is the correct sequence of intermediary network devices that will be present in the trace list?
router B, router E, router F, host Y
3) Which OSI layer uses the header information to reassemble the data segments into streams?
4) A network administrator uses the copy startup-config running-config command on a router to make configuration changes. Which component is affected by this command?
6) Refer to the exhibit. The router of the company failed and was replaced. After the replacement, hosts C and D in the Education office are able to ping each other, but they are unable to access the hosts in the Accounts office. What is the likely cause of the problem?
The subnet mask at the fa0/1 interface of the router is incorrectly entered.
7) Which range of port numbers is assigned dynamically to client applications when initiating a connection to the server?
49152 to 65535
8) Refer to the exhibit. The NAT functionality of the router is enabled to provide the PC with Internet access. Which IP address can be assigned to router interface Fa0/0?
9) What information is contained in the header of Layer 3 to help data delivery?
destination host logical address
10) Which three addresses belong to the category of private IP addresses? (Choose three.)
11) What are two characteristics of the data link layer? (Choose two.)
It exchanges the frames between nodes.
It manages the transfer of data between the processes that run on each host.
12) To enhance security in a network, the network administrator uses these commands:
Router(config)# line console 0
Router(config-line)# password j1mdi2
What two conclusions are evident from these commands? (Choose two.)
Users who attempt to connect to the console port of the router must enter a password.
The entries permit access through the console by the use of j1mdi2 as the password.
13) Which memory contents will change as a result of using the Router# erase startup-config command on a router?
14) Which OSI layer manages data segments?
15) Which device should be used for enabling a host to communicate with another host on a different network?
16) Refer to the exhibit. A network technician wants to connect host A to the console of a Cisco switch to initialize the configuration. What type of cable is required for this connection?
17) Refer to the exhibit. A user wants to view the current configuration. The output of the ipconfig/all command is displayed in the exhibit. What three facts can be determined from the output? (Choose three.)
This PC cannot communicate with other networks.
The network can have 14 hosts.
The assigned address is a private address.
18) Refer to the exhibit. Cable 1 and Cable 2 are wired for specific physical layer requirements. The table lists each segment by number and the cable that connects the network components on that segment. Which three segments have the correct cables installed? (Choose three.)
19) Refer to the exhibit. A PC is connected to a network. Which action will verify that the PC can communicate with its default gateway?
Use the ping 10.0.0.254 command.
20) Which three statements are true about transport layer protocols? (Choose three.)
The UDP transport layer protocol provides for low overhead data delivery.
The TCP transport layer protocol uses windowing and acknowledgments for reliable transfer of data.
The TCP and UDP port numbers are used by application layer protocols.
21) Refer to the exhibit. A router, the table of which is shown, receives a packet that is destined for 192.168.9.4. How will the router treat the packet?
It will drop the packet.
22) Refer to the exhibit. A technician uses the nslookup command on the PC and views the output that is displayed in the exhibit. What does abc.xyz.local in the output represent? (Choose two.)
the primary domain name server for the host
the IP address of the website resolver1.abc.local
How does the transport layer allow a host to maintain multiple, simultaneous communication streams across different applications?
It uses multiple ports.
24) Refer to the exhibit. While configuring a network, a technician wired each end of a Category 5e cable as shown. Which two statements are true about this setup? (Choose two.)
The cable is suitable for connecting a switch to a router Ethernet port.
The cable is suitable for connecting dissimilar types of devices.
25) A network administrator wants to restrict access to the router privileged EXEC mode. Which password should the administrator use?
26) Which three IPv4 addresses represent valid network addresses for a subnet? (Choose three.)
27) Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator uses the netstat command to display the open, active, and running TCP connections on a networked host. The exhibit displays the output of this command. Which two facts can be determined from this output for accessing http://www.cisco.com? (Choose two.)
The source port of the host is 3166.
The destination port is 80.
28) Which two types of media can provide bandwidth up to 1 Gb/s? (Choose two.)
29) Refer to the exhibit. The diagram represents the process of sending e-mail between clients. Which list correctly identifies the component or protocol used at each numbered stage of the diagram?
1.MUA 2.SMTP 3.MTA 4.SMTP 5.MTA 6.MDA 7.POP 8.MUA
30) Refer to the exhibit. Host A is transmitting data to host B. Which address combination will be used as the data leaves the Router1 Fa0/1 interface?
Destination IP: 192.168.10.4 Source MAC: 0030.8596.DE81
31) Refer to the exhibit. RouterB is configured properly. The Ethernet interface Fa0/0 of RouterA is configured with the use of the commands that are shown. However, a ping from the Fa0/0 interface of RouterA to the Fa0/0 interface of RouterB is unsuccessful. What action should be taken on RouterA to solve this problem?
Use the no shutdown command on the FastEthernet interface Fa0/0.
32) Refer to the exhibit. Which two facts can be determined about the topology? (Choose two.)
Four collision domains are present.
Two broadcast domains are present.
33) Refer to the exhibit. An employee wants to access the organization intranet from home. Which intermediary device should be used to connect the organization intranet to the Internet to enable this access?
34) Which subnet mask will allow 2040 hosts per subnet on the IP network 10.0.0.0?
35) While configuring a router, a network technician wants to name the router. Which prompt should the technician see when entering the hostname command?
36) An organization has decided to use IP addresses in the range 172.20.128.0 to 172.20.143.255. Which combination of network ID and subnet mask identifies all IP addresses in this range?
Network ID: 172.20.128.0 Subnet mask: 255.255.240.0
37) Refer to the exhibit. The host was disconnected from switch 2 and connected to switch 1. Which combination of IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway should be assigned to this host to allow it to function in the network?
IP address: 10.10.9.37 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.224 Default gateway: 10.10.9.35
38) Refer to the exhibit. Host A wants to connect to host B on a different network. Which three IP addresses can be assigned to host A to enable this connectivity? (Choose three.)
39) What are three characteristics of CSMA/CD? (Choose three.)
Devices listen to the media and transmit data only when they cannot detect another signal on the media.
Devices communicate based on a configured priority.
When a collision occurs, all devices stop transmitting for a randomly generated period of time.
40) Refer to the exhibit. Host A attempts to establish a TCP/IP session with host C. During this attempt, a frame was captured at the FastEthernet interface fa0/1 of router Y. The packet inside the captured frame has the IP source address 172.16.1.5, and the destination IP address is 172.16.7.24. What is the source MAC address of the frame at the time of capture?
41) Which three statements are true about network layer addressing? (Choose three.)
It supports data communications between networks.
It prevents broadcasts.
It uniquely identifies each host.
42) Refer to the exhibit. A user wants to access the Internet from the PC. A part of the running configuration of the router is shown. Which default gateway IP address should be configured at the PC to enable this access?
43) Refer to the exhibit. All devices in the network use default configurations. How many broadcast domains are there in this topology?
44) Refer to the exhibit. Host A sends a frame with the destination MAC address as FFFF.FFFF.FFFF. What action will the switch take for this frame?
It will send the frame to all hosts except host A.
45) Two routers are connected via their serial ports in a lab environment. The routers are configured with valid IP addresses, but they cannot ping each other. The show interface serial0/0 command shows that the serial0/0 interface is up but the line protocol is down. What could be the cause of this problem?
The clock rate command has not been entered on the DCE interface.
46) Refer to the exhibit. Host A and B are unable to communicate with each other. What is the reason for this?
The gateway addresses are network addresses.
47) Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator remotely accesses the CLI of RouterB from PC1 using a secure connection. Which statement is true about this connection?
The SSH service is used to connect PC1 to RouterB.
48) Refer to the exhibit. Which logical topology describes the exhibited network?
49) Refer to the exhibit. A network engineer is summarizing the two groups of routes on router R1 shown in the exhibit. Which summarization will work for all the subnets?