Expect minimum percentage: 100%
1) How many bits make up an IPv4 address?
2) Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has to develop an IP addressing scheme that uses the 192.168.1.0 /24 address space. The network that contains the serial link has already been addressed out of a separate range. Each network will be allocated the same number of host addresses. Which network mask will be appropriate to address the remaining networks?
3) Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has assigned the internetwork of LBMISS an address range of 192.168.10.0. This address range has been subnetted using a /29 mask. In order to accommodate a new building, the technician has decided to use the fifth subnet for configuring the new network (subnet zero is the first subnet). By company policies, the router interface is always assigned the first usable host address and the workgroup server is given the last usable host address. Which configuration should be entered into the workgroup server’s properties to allow connectivity to the network?
IP address: 192.168.10.38 subnet mask: 255.255.255.248 default gateway: 192.168.10.33
4) Refer to the exhibit. Which network prefix will work with the IP addressing scheme shown in the graphic.
5) Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator discovers that host A is having trouble with Internet connectivity, but the server farm has full connectivity. In addition, host A has full connectivity to the server farm. What is a possible cause of this problem?
NAT is required for the host A network.
6) What subnet mask would a network administrator assign to a network address of 172.30.1.0 if it were possible to have up to 254 hosts?
7) Given the IP address and subnet mask of 172.16.134.64 255.255.255.224, which of the following would describe this address?
This is a network address.
8) What three facts are true about the network portion of an IPv4 address? (Choose three.)
is identical for all hosts in a broadcast domain
varies in length
is used to forward packets
9) What is the network address of the host 172.25.67.99 /23 in binary?
10) A router interface has been assigned an IP address of 172.16.192.166 with a mask of 255.255.255.248. To which subnet does the IP address belong?
11) Refer to the exhibit. Why would the response shown be displayed after issuing the command ping 127.0.0.1 on a PC?
Internet Protocol is not properly installed on the host.
12) What two things will happen if a router receives an ICMP packet which has a TTL value of 1 and the destination host is several hops away? (Choose two.)
The router will discard the packet.
The router will send a time exceeded message to the source host.
13) Refer to the exhibit. An administrator is designing security rules for the 192.168.22.0 /24 network. Each security rule requires an address and mask pair to represent the machines that will be affected by the rule. Which two address and mask pairs will be the most precise way to reference the servers and hosts separately. (Choose two.)
14) Which of the following are features of IPv6? (Choose three.)
larger address space
data types and classes of service
authentication and encryption
15) Which process do routers use to determine the subnet network address based upon a given IP address and subnet mask?
16) What is the primary reason for development of IPv6?
expanded addressing capabilities
17) Which three IP addresses are private? (Choose three.)
18) Which statements are true regarding IP addressing? (Choose two.)
Private addresses are blocked from public Internet by router.
IP address 127.0.0.1 can be used for a host to direct traffic to itself.
19) Which IPv4 subnetted addresses represent valid host addresses? (Choose three.)
20) What is a group of hosts called that have identical bit patterns in the high order bits of their addresses?
21) Refer to the exhibit. Host A is connected to the LAN, but it cannot get access to any resources on the Internet. The configuration of the host is shown in the exhibit. What could be the cause of the problem?
The default gateway is on a different subnet from the host.
22) Which of the following network devices are recommended to be assigned static IP addresses? (Choose three.)